Junior Fund Accountant - Private Equity
- £35,000 - £40,000 per annum, depending on experience
Our client, a specialist private equity firm, is seeking a Junior Fund Accountant to join their fast-paced and dynamic finance team. The successful candidate will assist with the day-to-day accounting and reporting of the funds and associated entities. This position would suit a part-qualified candidate with previous experience within a similar role.
- Support the Fund Controller in maintaining the fund and subsidiary SPV entity financial records and supporting schedules.
- Take responsibility for the first review of the PE funds’ quarterly and annual financial statements, as prepared by the administrators.
- Liaise with the auditors regarding the audit of the annual accounts for the funds.
- Manage the preparation and review of LP call and distribution notices with the administrator.
- Treasury management of the private equity funds and associated structures.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the accounts payable function, including the processing of purchase invoices and preparing fortnightly payment runs.
- Prepare monthly management information packs.
- Support the Fund Controller during the investment acquisition and disposal processes.
- Assist with compliance queries and the KYC process.
- Manage ad-hoc internal and external reporting requests.
- Degree educated with strong academics (As and Bs at A Level, 2.1 or 1st class degree).
- Part-qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), first time passes preferred.
- Experience working in a private equity / financial services environment is advantageous
- Strong numerical and detail-orientated skillset is essential.
- Self-driven, quality and results-orientated with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Reliable, hardworking and ambitious.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum: email@example.com quoting reference TM50955
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.