Corporate Finance Assistant
- £25,000 - £27,000 + study support
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a growing investment management firm based in the City. Our client is seeking a Corporate Finance Assistant to support the daily operations and administration of the group entities. This role would suit a motivated candidate who has achieved 2:1 or above at a Russell Group university and excellent A-levels and GCSEs.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end audit files and financial statements.
- Compile supporting documents for year-end audits.
- Process and post payments and expenses.
- Raise and post deal and project related sales invoices as well as intra-group recharges and cash receipts.
- Monitor receivables and highlight recoverability issues.
- Monitor aged debtors and creditors for balances.
- Assist with the reconciliation of other group balances.
- Review daily cash to ensure sufficient cash for various payment commitments.
- Perform regular bank reconciliations.
- Post all cash payments and receipts to the accounting system.
- Review of all VAT allocation of all invoices.
- Reconcile VAT control accounts.
- Payt and post VAT payables in a timely manner.
- Deal with ad-hoc HMRC enquiries.
- 2:1 or above from a Russell Group university and strong A-levels and GCSEs (A -B).
- At least one year of experience within a similar role and industry.
- Studying towards an accounting professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CFA, CIMA).
- Quick learner, with confidence to work independently and efficiently.
- Diligent work ethic and ability to prioritise the processing of large volumes of transactions.
- Strong excel skills and a high attention to detail.
- Team player with excellent organisational skills.
- Good telephone manner and written skills.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum: email@example.com quoting reference TM1322.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.