Graduate Assistant Accountant
- £25,000 - £35,000 per annum, depending on experience
Walker Hamill are currently working on several graduate positions within financial services. We are looking for 2018/2019 graduates with strong academics and a degree from a leading university. The successful candidates will be bright, motivated and keen to pursue a career in accounting. Successful candidates will have a minimum of 6 months experience working in a busy and dynamic finance team and be interested in studying towards an accountancy qualification.
- Assist with financial reports for senior management.
- Support the team on the production of management information.
- Support the team with the production of annual financial statements.
- Prepare payment runs, BACS and CHAPS and allocate payments.
- Match, batch and code high volumes of invoices.
- Review bank reconciliations and balances.
- Review and approve cash and credit card expenses.
- Review of general, suppliers and debtors ledgers.
- Ensure invoices are coded correctly and sent to administrators in a timely manner.
- Excellent academic record from a leading university.
- Studying towards an accountancy qualification (AAT, ACCA or CIMA), with a good pass record to date.
- A minimum of 6 months previous experience within finance.
- Possess high integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Fluency in European language(s) well regarded.
- Demonstrated initiative, a willingness to learn and strong work ethic
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TMGRAD
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.