Origination Analyst; Munich
Mid-Market Private Equity Fund
- Competitive base salary & discretionary annual bonus
Our client is a leading global private equity firm with decades of experience in the mid-market. The fund invests across multiple sectors including Business Services, Consumer, Healthcare, Media & Technology and Industrials. This role will join an international team of origination specialists working directly alongside the firm’s investment teams to originate deals, with a specific focus on DACH markets and wider exposure to pan-European markets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Writing screening memos.
- Conducting industry and market research to augment analysis.
- Assisting in ad hoc research and analysis alongside the wider team.
- Act as initial screen for intermediaries, to help determine interesting and viable ideas presented by advisers.
- Convey for each investment opportunity: core business activities, financial history, competitive position, business prospects, industry conditions, and primary strengths and weaknesses specific to the company and the industry.
- Attend presentations / meetings / trade shows / conventions to assist in deal sourcing activities.
SkillsThe successful candidate will be
- Articulate, attentive to detail, with a strong work ethic, a desire to learn and self-confidence to enable them to proactively engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Native fluency in German, fluency is English is also required to enable interaction with European colleagues.
- Candidates should have a University degree, preferably having studied business, finance or economics.
- Candidates should ideally have 1-2 years of experience in finance: accounting, transaction services, corporate finance advisory, management consulting or equity research.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tom Redhead: email@example.com quoting reference TR50323.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter in the UK and European private equity space for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.