Origination Analyst; Munich
Mid-Market Private Equity Fund
- Competitive base salary & discretionary annual bonus
Our client is a leading global private equity firm with decades of experience in the mid-market. The fund invests across multiple sectors including Business Services, Consumer, Healthcare, Media & Technology and Industrials. This role will join an international team of origination specialists working directly alongside the firm’s investment teams to originate deals, with a specific focus on DACH markets and wider exposure to pan-European markets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Writing screening memos.
- Conducting industry and market research to augment analysis.
- Assisting in ad hoc research and analysis alongside the wider team.
- Act as initial screen for intermediaries, to help determine interesting and viable ideas presented by advisers.
- Convey for each investment opportunity: core business activities, financial history, competitive position, business prospects, industry conditions, and primary strengths and weaknesses specific to the company and the industry.
- Attend presentations / meetings / trade shows / conventions to assist in deal sourcing activities.
SkillsThe successful candidate will be
- Articulate, attentive to detail, with a strong work ethic, a desire to learn and self-confidence to enable them to proactively engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Native fluency in German, fluency is English is also required to enable interaction with European colleagues.
- Candidates should have a University degree, preferably having studied business, finance or economics.
- Candidates should ideally have 1-2 years of experience in finance: accounting, transaction services, corporate finance advisory, management consulting or equity research.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tom Redhead: email@example.com quoting reference TR50323.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter in the UK and European private equity space for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.