- Central London
- £27,000 per annum
Our client is a prestigious retailer based in the heart of London. They are looking to hire an Accounts Assistant who will report directly to the Financial Controller as well as being responsible for various accounting duties. This is a permanent opportunity and the successful candidate will have a previous experience within an Accounts Assistant / Accounts Payable role.
- Identification of the correct nominal codes based on nature of expenses. Entering invoices in a timely manner.
- Monthly statement of account reconciliation for all material suppliers and suppliers who have been contracted with in the past 6 months.
- Ensure the accounts payable ledger is accurate i.e. payments posted frequently and invoices entered quickly and ensure all balances can be verified.
- Preparation of payment run- manage payment dates of suppliers.
- Monitoring and management of our PO control system.
- Ensures departmental sign off and have the necessary back up documents available for invoices.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT.
- Intrastat report filing monthly.
- Monthly bank statement input.
- Ad hoc activities.
- Knowledge of sage 50 or sage 200.
- Good workflow management.
- Knowledge of excel, word etc.
- Balance sheet reconciliations experience useful.
- Previous experience in an Accounts Assistant/AP role.
- Quick learner and a positive attitude.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/APPLY FOR THIS ROLE