- Central London
- £20 to £25 per hour, depending on experience
Our client is a leading media organisation that operates globally. They are wish to hire a Cash Analyst to join them on a temporary basis for 9 months to be responsible for monitoring and controlling data interfaces, analysing sales, cash, bank fees data and provide robust reporting to the business. Due to the complexity of this role, they are seeking an experienced candidate who has worked within the retail industry. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the largest media providers. An immediate start would be required.
- Checking information has been loaded correctly loaded into the reconciliation system.
- Analysing matching items and resolving the exceptions, including liaising with the business on missing cash receipts, missing payment captures and chargebacks/exchanges.
- On a weekly basis interfacing the analysed data into SAP to allow for the preparation of the management accounts.
- Prepare sales control report for the business – highlighting any risk areas.
- Account for bank fees and sense check against negotiated contracted terms.
- Prepare, review, and post monthly sales and VAT postings.
- Prepare weekly reconciliations for the A/R and bank accounts.
- Prepare monthly turnover statements for the business as required.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis to the business.
- Liaising with internal & external auditors as required, and assisting accounting manager with all audit deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field.
- Part-Qualified ACCA or CIMA (or equivalent).
- Minimum of two (2) years of Retail and eCommerce is essential to include knowledge of Treasury, Financial, or Accounting experience is required.
- Possess good business judgement and strong systems and analytical skills.
- Competencies required: organized, accurate, analytical, collaborative, excellent communication skills, process re-engineering, time management.
- Knowledge or experience with Retail and Ecommerce.
- Knowledge and working experience with a reconciliation and matching solution.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with attention to detail and accuracy and timeliness
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work under pressure and to report to tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and process re-engineer utilising complex systems and tools.
- Demonstrated advanced level use of Excel.
- Rigorous and attention to detail
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter in the UK and European private equity space for almost 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.comAPPLY FOR THIS ROLE