Temporary Project Accountant
- Central London
- £15 - £18 per hour - depending on experience
Our Client is a market-leading brand consultancy firm based in the heart of London. They are seeking an experienced Project Accountant to join their finance team on a 1 month temporary basis. The successful candidate would take full ownership of tracking the revenue on a job by job basis for all 5 subsidiaries. This is a great opportunity to join a company that is dynamic and fast paced and is going through an exciting period of growth and expansion.
- Take full ownership of the “Job Book / Work in Progress” which is the revenue tracker for all 5 subsidiaries. Create new jobs when requested by Project Managers, log job details on to “Job Book” and file new job request forms.
- Have weekly job update (both Revenue and GP) meetings with all Project Managers and update Job Book with changes accordingly.
- Liaise with Project Managers/Researchers on pipeline updates on a weekly basis.
- Report on “Sales and Pipeline” on a weekly basis.
- Work closely alongside the Finance Manager and accountants in job cost reconciliations and investigate cost variances. Review project reports and check for data quality.
- Work closely with Finance Assistant in relation to job costs and flag any overspend to Finance Manager and Group Head of Finance at an early stage.
- Work closely with Finance Manager and Group Head of Finance to report on project profitability to management.
- Invoicing – to include maintaining the Sales Ledger folder with all appropriate documents filed in order.
- Managing outstanding purchase orders – research any unbilled issues to optimise the billing possibilities for the billing period/cash flow.
- Liaising with clients – to include vendor set up for new clients and responding to client enquiries and reviewing Statement of Workflows.
- Sending monthly statements to clients.
- Report to GHOF on a weekly basis on debtors’ status and work closely with the Finance Manager in terms of forecast receipts for cash flow purposes.
- Allocate receipts on a daily basis and update on system.
- Prepare monthly income recognition working papers for the management accounts.
- Degree educated (preferably finance related).
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA.
- Sales Ledger/Project Accounting experience.
- Good working knowledge of MIS system - Access Dimensions & Focal Point.
- Good financial and analytical skills, especially using advance Excel (V Lookups and Pivot Tables).
- Must demonstrate a high level of accuracy and stable work performance.
- Experience of working within the media industry.
- A team player.
- Proactive in problem solving.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter in the UK and European private equity space for almost 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia.APPLY FOR THIS ROLE