Online Holiday Company
- West London
- £40,000 to £45,000 per annum
Our client is a rapidly growing online travel company, located in West London. Currently targeting the beach holidays market, they have a long term strategy to expand into City Breaks and other holiday sectors. They are looking for a Finance Manager with a focussed approach to driving efficiencies and identifying issues promptly as they arise. Managing a team of four staff, the Manager will utilise their process improvement skills to refine and redesign existing processes and enhance the bespoke reconciliation system. The successful candidate will need to understand the end-to-end process, from booking system through to the in-house reconciliation software.
- Manage KPI reporting and further develop dashboard reporting for supplier payments activities.
- Ownership of the Reconciliation system, including working with the technology partners to drive system improvements around efficiency, control and reporting.
- Preparing / reviewing weekly payment runs.
- Liaise with the developers of the bespoke reconciliation system to improve reconciliation accuracy.
- Process design / improvement.
- Maintain strong financial control environment.
- Undertake statement reconciliation work where necessary.
- Managing and supporting a team of 4 supplier payment staff.
- Resource planning to support the growth of the business.
- Ensure best practice and continuous improvement of controls, policies and procedures within the accounts payable function.
- Work with the accounts team to confirm posting from the reconciliation system into the accounting system.
- Liaising with Operations to resolve issues, communicate common themes and monitor exception rates.
- Work with the Treasury team to understand cashflow forecasts / variances.
- Part Qualified Accountant (ACCA / CIMA) or equivalent.
- Analytical mindset being able to review large amounts of data, identify key trends and summarise accordingly.
- Strong process improvement experience.
- Used to a high volume workload with a good attention to detail.
- Ability to manage priorities effectively with commercial acumen.
- Experience working in supplier payments.
- Experience in team management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter, who is willing and able to take initiative.
- Team player.
- Organised and task focused in order to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of SUN accounting system.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Will Barnes: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference WB50288
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.