Commercial Director - Venturing
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £80,000 to £90,000 per annum
Our client is an internationally recognised leading logistics company. Due to maternity leave they are looking for a Commercial Director to join the Venturing team on a 12 months fixed term contract. The role will be supporting the Venturing agenda across the UK and international business by providing clear financial support for joint venture projects including reviewing financial business plans and cash projections. The successful candidate will have credibility to influence shareholders both internally and externally. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast paced and growing company.
- Early engagement on Venturing opportunities to ensure commercial risks and opportunities are identified - optimising commercial value in a mutually beneficial way.
- Introducing commercial value and innovation to opportunities.
- Cooperation with M&A, Investment controlling, Legal, CCM and other functions involved in Venturing process (e.g. Corporate Finance, M&A, IT, HR, Finance, Real Estate, etc.) to continuously improve the commercial value proposition and to ensure early engagement with stakeholders.
- Modelling of financial opportunities with incomplete information, including scenarios.
- Early identification of commercial challenges and establishing solutions to overcome these.
- Create mutually beneficial commercial structures with clarity over risk reward balance.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal decision makers.
- Management of the team within area of responsibility.
- Provide clarity on future direction, roles, and accountabilities.
- Qualified Accountant (ICAEW, CIME or ACCA) or equivalent.
- 10-15 years of relevant professional experience, including consolidations in other international corporations.
- Knowledge of Commercial & Accounting Standards and Legal Requirements regarding financial processes.
- Advanced financial, operational and legal knowledge.
- Knowledge of Financial Metrics and Tools.
- Experience of dealing with incomplete information in bid scenarios.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Previous experience in commercial contracting roles.
- Ability to think creatively and meet mutually acceptable commercial positions.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Will Barnes: email@example.com reference WB50399.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.