Interim Head of Finance
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £400 to £500 per day
Our client is one of the largest providers of student housing in the UK. Due to rapid growth of the company they are looking to hire an immediately available Head of Finance to lead and manage all aspects of the financial and management accounting. The successful candidate will have extensive systems experience and have a proven background with implementing and improving controls and systems within a business. This is a qualified role and the ideal candidate will have significant post-qualification experience, operating at a Senior Manager level.
- Conduct handover with existing CFO and build strong links with existing FC to ensure reporting continuity and document systems or processes to minimise loss of information.
- Prepare, review and present investor information and all other financial and business documents as may be required from time to time for the approval of the CEO and Board of Directors
- Implement / improve effective controls and systems in the Company with which to report the current performance of the business against the Financial Plan and relevant budgets. Aid in the preparation of a new budget with the CEO and board.
- Present monthly management accounts for the Company on a timely and accurate basis. To conduct ad-hoc financial analysis of company performance and provide key KPI’s to the CEO and the Board of Director
- Manage debt compliance covenants and cashflows.
- Regulate, supervise and implement a timely, full and accurate set of accounting records reflecting the Company’s activities in a manner commensurate with the relevant legislation and regulation in the UK and subject to internal guidelines set from time to time by the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Lead monthly reporting across the business and where necessary streamline the processes in order to work efficiently in a high transaction environment.
- Alert the CEO and Board of Directors regarding any irregularity, lack of compliance, lack of adherence and problems, whether actual or potential, concerning the financial systems, the financial operations, the financing plans, the accounting, the audits, the budgets and any other matter of a financial nature or which could or does have a financial or compliance implication.
- Implement continuous financial audit and control systems to monitor reporting, performance, cash flow models, flow of funds, the adherence to budget, the expenditures, income, the cost of sales and other budgetary items.
- Collaborate with and coordinate the activities of outside suppliers of financial services hired or contracted, including accountants, auditors, financial consultants, banks and other financial suppliers.
- Initiate or engage in all manner of activities, whether financial or other, conducive to the financial health, the growth prospects and the fulfilment of investment plans including: investor relations, credit control / invoicing / cash management.
- Qualified accountant with significant post-qualification experience, operating at a Senior Manager level.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience of working in the sector or a closely related sector would be preferable but not essential.
- Previous experience in a high volume / transaction based business.
- Ability to balance complex detail with wider commercial matters.
- Experience establishing new processes and procedures.
- Excellent presentational skills, both verbal and written coupled with strong analytical skills.
- Keen ambition to learn and develop.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise and organise both work and people to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team and also independently.
- Honesty, integrity, reliability.
- Experience of recruiting, motivating and developing a team of professional staff.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Will Barnes: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference WB50418.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.