- Central London
- £40,000 to £45,000 per annum
Our client is leading the way in developing communications between the UK and mainland Europe. They are seeking a Financial Analyst to join their growing team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be coming from an accountancy practice and ideally studying AAT (or equivalent). The role will be responsible for financial reporting to the company management and executive board as well as general financial accounting and purchase ledger management. The position will have a direct reporting line into the Financial Controller while integrating into the wider Finance team.
- Instrumental to the design, formation and construction of the monthly board reporting pack for presentation to Management and Directors
- Provide detailed commentary and analysis in support of the monthly management reporting packs
- Presentation of monthly results and reporting project construction progress to management
- Provision of ad-hoc financial data and analysis to management as required
- Support and assist with the definition of the new accounting system IT requirements
- Assist with the implementation of the new accounting IT system and act as a key user/tester during integration and testing phase (pre go-live)
- Assist with the review of an upgrade to existing financial processes in light of the improvements offered by the new accounting system
- Refine reporting on ‘asset under construction’ categories, ensuring correct asset classification and accounting treatment
- Business partner with project construction, operations and functional leads; provide robust monthly cost centre & business unit reports, reviews and analysis
- Play a key role in developing budgets, forecast and reforecast
- Work closely with budget holders, tracking spend v. budget and explain variance drivers
- Monthly analysis and review of assigned balance sheet accounts
- Previous experience within a mid tier accountancy practice.
- AAT qualified (or equivalent).
- Advanced Excel and Power-Point skills
- Experience with SAGE 200 and SAP
- Good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to plan ahead and prioritise workload whilst working to company deadlines
- Be adaptable and flexible where required in order to meet operational needs
- Has a continuous improvement mindset, strives to achieve efficiency and process improvements in their duties
- Excellent organisational, delivery and communication skills, with the ability to interact at all levels and different cultures
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Will Barnes: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference WB50438.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.