Temp to Perm Accounts Assistant
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £100 to £110 per day, depending on experience
Our client is a private equity backed start up that operates within the leisure industry. Due to the rapid growth of the company, they are seeking an immediately available Accounts Assistant to help perform daily accounting tasks and support their financial team. The successful candidate will help the Accounting department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions. An immediate start is required and there is potential for the role to become permanent.
- Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies.
- Review and reconcile employee expense reports.
- Manage accounts payable.
- Process accounts payable payments.
- Enter financial transactions into Sage 50.
- Raise and reconcile purchase orders.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Maintain digital and physical financial records.
- Issue invoices to customers and external partners, as needed.
- Review and file payroll documents and support in management of both US and UK payroll databases.
- Supporting Mangement Accountant in producing and distributing daily and weekly sales reporting internally.
- Providing general support to Management Accountant as is required.
- Work experience as an Accounting Assistant or Book-keeper preferred.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures.
- Familiarity with finance regulations.
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors.
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software (e.g. Sage 50).
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information.
- Ability to work autonomously, in a fast pace environment and keep to deadline.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.