- Central London
- £45,000 to £47,000 per annum
Our client is a private equity backed start up that operates within the leisure industry. An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Finance Manager to join the company and help oversee the finance function. The role will be accountable for a full range of finance related activities, including the managing of tasks through others as well as performing transactional activities. The successful candidate will ideally be a part qualified accountant and have at least 3-4 years' experience in finance.
- Investigating and resolving client invoice issues and account queries – owning the issue through to resolution
- Ensuring that the systems are up to date and data is accurate
- Review and amend processes to drive efficiencies, productivity, and accuracy and ensuring that processes and practices are meeting the business needs both now and in the future
- Creating the month finance report for SMT. Ensuring it is accurate and variations can be explained
- Credit Control and cash management. Take actions to resolve issues ensuring that debt is kept to a minimum
- Ensuring all VAT and PAYE returns are completed in line with guidelines and timing
- Be responsible for maintaining and updating the payroll ensuring all payments are input including commission, change of addresses, new starters and leavers are notified
- Allocating client payments to the right client.
- Ensuring Zenoti Finance System and CRM are up to date
- Ensuring bank credits reconcile with finance system and feeds through to the cash flow forecasts
- Reconciling accounts to trail balance
- Prepare monthly accruals and prepayments
- Prepare and post journal vouchers to finance system
- Installations and matching of revenue and costs
- Reconciling payments to invoices and updating CRM
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies or Finance / Accounting.
- Part ACA or CIMA qualified (or equivalent)
- 3-4 years’ experience in Finance
- A Self Starter with a good eye for detail
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Strong planning and communication skills
- High energy with a can do attitude
- Business savvy with strong commercial acumen
- Able to work and pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good Problem solver
- Expert knowledge and experience of Excel
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.