Assistant Accountant - 12 month contract
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £26,000 - £29,000 depending on experience
Our Client is a market-leading brand consultancy firm with offices in London and New York. They are seeking a bright ambitious Assistant Accountant to join their London finance team on a 12 month temporary basis. The successful candidate will have previous experience in management accounts, and a desire to progress within Finance. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and fast paced company which is going through an exciting period of growth and expansion. An immediate start will be required and full training will be provided.
The sucessful candidate will be expected to work accross both purchase ledger and management account duties.
- Prepare full sets of management accounts for three of the subsidiaries in the group; two based in the US and one in the UK
- Prepare working papers and month end journals, such as bank reconciliations, fixed assets, accruals, prepayments, WIP and job cost reconciliations
- Reconciliation of multi-currency cash books and multi-currency inter-company accounts
- Oversee both the preparation and reconciliation of wages and PAYE control accounts onto the purchase ledger
- Work closely with the Financial Accountant checking credit card and float expenses on Access Dimensions/Focal Point and in the execution and checking of multi-currency payment runs
- Assist Group Head of Finance with year-end audit and tax work
- Assist the Management Accountant in managing systems related duties such as Dimensions and Focal Point
- Strong academics and degree qualified (ideally within a Finance related discipline)
- Experience on Access Dimensions is preferred
- Good financial and analytical skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of excel
- Ability to time manage and priotise work
- Strong communication skills and an ability to communicate with all areas of the company
- Previous experience of working within the media industry
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to William Barnes: email@example.com quoting reference WB50705 Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.