- £55,000 - £60,000 + bonus + benefits
Our client is a long-established and highly experienced Private Equity fund based in London.
The business has a large and diverse portfolio and with that comes the requirement for considerable oversight from the Portfolio Support team. With a stellar track record and ambitious plans for the future, they are now looking to add to the team at the Associate level.
They have a strong requirement for people who are technically capable, who are analytical and can build relationships with the finance and management teams of portfolio companies. The appointee will get involved with the control and monitoring of the value creation across the entire portfolio as well as core reporting across the portfolio
This is an excellent insight into the growth of the businesses, as well as the challenges and risks which may come up in the life of a Private Equity portfolio company.
An example of the activities of this role include:
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly and other standard reporting for the team and the firm related to the fund and portfolio
- Work with the investment team and portfolio company management teams
- Fund modelling
- Develop an understanding of the key financial metrics and key performance indicators for each of the portfolio companies and track such financial information relating to the portfolio companies and provide commercial insights on value gain/improvement
- Support ad hoc portfolio projects including strategic initiatives, budgeting, value creation plans, problem analysis, refinancing, bolt on acquisitions and exit planning at individual companies
- Qualified ACA (or equivalent) with experience of working in the Private Equity deal process, whether it be in a Transaction Services, Corporate Finance or M&A team
- 2.1 or higher from a leading university
- Good communication/interpersonal skills and ability to pull the correct information from various stakeholders
- A high level of analytical skills and financial numeracy
You must be eligible to work in the UK for this role and it will be London office based. Salary will be tailored to the level of experience but a general indication for the role will be in the £55,000 - £60,000 region plus good bonus and benefits.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Holly Cousin: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference HC52040.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for over 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.