- Central London
- £35,000 - £40,000 + study support + benefits
Our client, a growing property company, is seeking an FP&A Analyst who is enthusiastic, organised, and has high regard for detail, to become part of the development team. The successful candidate will support the Finance Manager in processing and recording transactions, updating and monitoring associated workstream cashflows and creating business plan forecasts. The role will also involve providing support for ad-hoc analysis, financial modelling, and scenario analysis as required. This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright graduate who has started their professional accounting qualifications and is looking to build on their experience and work as part of a dynamic, fast-paced and high-profile team.
- Work closely with the ledger teams to allocate expenditure invoices to workstreams on a monthly basis.
- Update individual workstream cashflows, revising forecasts and re-allocating costs to complete.
- Monitor commitments to ensure expenditure remains within approved business plan levels and that expenditure approval protocols are observed.
- Attend monthly project cost control meetings alongside the Finance Manager; present financial information to non-financial colleagues.
- Support the Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly drawdown requests, covenant compliance certificates and payment approvals to senior management, joint venture stakeholders and bank relationship managers.
- Update the weekly sales tracker information with numbers of housing reservations, exchanges, completions and associated land receipts.
- Prepare sales invoices for housebuilders.
- Prepare sales to cash bank reconciliations.
- Assist with the preparation of the project-specific annual business plans, presented to the sub-committees, main board and joint venture board.
- Assist with the preparation of project updates and performance reporting packs for sub-committees, main board and joint venture board.
- Assist the Finance Manager and wider business with any ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of cost schedules and other support as required for the half-yearly corporate and banking valuations.
- Graduate with excellent academics – 2:1 degree or above, ideally from a Russell Group University.
- Studying towards a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Prior industry experience useful, with any real estate or infrastructure/built environment experience preferable.
- A proactive and organised individual who has a willingness to understand, learn and immerse themselves in the projects.
- Excellent Excel skills (including knowledge of pivot tables and v-lookups).
- Excellent people skills; warm and empathetic with a team ethos and professional and confident manner.
- Reliable, organised, diplomatic, energetic, sociable, presentable.
- A confident, energetic and self-motivated individual who takes initiative.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO52773
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.