European Private Markets Consultant
Alternative Assets Consultancy
- Central London, UK
- £55,000 - £75,000 + benefits, depending on experience
Our client is a boutique consultancy business focused on offering strategy, operations and technology advisory services to financial services clients. They are seeking a Business Consultant to join their Private Markets division, in a role that will be focused on wide-ranging projects within the alternative assets space. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of back- and middle-office systems and processes within this industry, and be keen to move into a role where they will identify and investigate problems, adding value for clients by driving towards effective solutions.
- Support projects and implementations from initiation to client go-live and beyond.
- Learn and apply the firm's implementation methodologies.
- Understand the nuances of alternative investment operations or subjects related to the completion of projects.
- Prepare for and conduct business requirement interviews.
- Document business requirements, processes, and data/reporting requirements.
- Understand the client’s existing business processes and assist the client in defining improved business solutions based on their strategic goals and constraints.
- Work with clients to analyse their current and future business needs, recommend best practice solutions, and define and document project deliverables for these solutions.
- Document test cases in conjunction with business requirements and ensure that validation criteria are established clearly throughout the project life cycle.
- Minimize overall exposure and risk on projects.
- Manage project progress, monitoring milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of schedule and identify/mitigate risk.
- Produce detailed status reports, track actions, and manage progress meetings.
- Educated to degree level (ideally 2.1 grade or above).
- Minimum of 2-5 years of combined experience in business consulting, business analysis, project management, system implementations, audit, accounting, or preferably operations within the alternative investment industry.
- Exceptional communication, organization, interpersonal and client-service skills.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable understanding of business analysis methodologies.
- Able to deliver presentations and training in a formal environment.
- Proven skills in documentation, process mapping (Visio), and other Microsoft Office tools.
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage expectations under pressure.
- The ability to interact with various stakeholders to acquire technical information critical to project requirements, costs, or execution.
- Hands-on knowledge of asset management industry systems will be advantageous.
- Flexibility for travel (majority is UK-based).
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sam van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS51831.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.