Fund Accounting and Operations Consultant
Private Capital Consultancy
- London, UK
- Up to £80,000 depending on experience
Our client is a boutique consultancy business focused on offering strategy, operations and technology advisory services to financial services clients. They are seeking a Business Consultant to join their Fund Accounting and Operations division, in a role that will be focused on wide-ranging projects within the alternative assets space. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of back- and middle-office systems and processes within this industry, and be keen to move into a role where they will work on mandates covering data migration, systems selection, strategic review and advisory work.
- Assist Project Managers with advisory and fund accounting system implementation engagements.
- Document business processes and data requirements.
- Define and recommend business process improvements.
- Develop detailed designs and documentation for solutions.
- Document business constraints and assumptions.
- Create user testing strategies, plans, scripts, etc, and participate in test execution.
- Identify project issues/risks and recommend solutions.
- Serve as a point of contact for clients throughout the lifecycle of an engagement.
- Work with both clients and internal employees to support onboarding activities, related to data migration, reconciliation, testing, troubleshooting, custom reporting, etc.
- Develop deep client relationships at all levels of organisations and act as a trusted advisor to senior and executive stakeholders.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in back, middle or front-office roles (data migration, fund accounting/administration, systems implementation) within the private markets industry.
- A BA/BSc in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of fund or investment accounting practices.
- Strong client-facing communication and analytical skills.
- Experience with financial systems, including but not limited to fund accounting, investor portals, portfolio management, CRM, etc.
- Working knowledge of; FIS Investran, Allvue System, and/or LemonEdge is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, creative/independent thought, and proactive problem-solving ability.
- Understanding of process design and implementation.
- Product knowledge across various asset classes.
- Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sam van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference SVS52459.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.