Head of Finance
Boutique Property Management Business
- West London
Our client is a boutique property management business that works with an exclusive client base across Europe and North America. Following a period of sustained growth, they are now looking for an experienced financial professional, ideally with a strong track record within the real estate or property management industries, to lead their finance function and act as a key business partner to the rest of the senior leadership team.
The Head of Finance will be responsible for leading and developing the finance team, to make it a genuinely value-add function appropriate for a rapidly growing business. Consequently, the successful candidate will chiefly be involved in ensuring that the company’s financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively and efficiently. Key responsibilities include:
- The preparation of the regular management accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- The preparation and filing of statutory accounts.
- Managing day-to-day transactions and regular client invoicing across different structures with a strong attention to detail.
- Providing the senior leadership team with a strategic commercial insight to support the continued growth of the business.
- Ensuring that the senior management team remains informed of all regulatory and accounting changes impacting the business.
- Review current accounting software and/or processes and make recommendations for improvement and replacement when necessary.
- Maintaining oversight of client funds held by our client.
- The accurate and timely preparation of tax filing in relevant jurisdictions.
- Liaising with auditors as necessary.
- Managing and developing a small finance team.
Overall, our client is looking for a driven and experienced qualified accountant, ideally with previous experience of the real estate or property management sectors. Key attributes are:
- Possession of a recognised accounting qualification (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA or equivalent).
- Experience of managing and improving financial processes and systems.
- Demonstrable team leadership experience.
- Close attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Experience of dealing with client funds.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tad Thorp: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TT53161.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. If you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in private equity, media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure, and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.